background

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Throwback Thursdays's- Chalkboard Sign

Hi Everyone, It's Danni here with another Throwback Thursday!!! I am going to be featuring

Chalkboard Sign this week! 

AND... to make it even SWEETER you can pick it up for $10 today only at the Sweet Stamp Shop.  No coupon needed, just drop it in your shopping cart HERE :)

Chalkboard Sign



I LOVE how popular the chalkboard look is right now! I work at a scrapbooking store and I am starting to see so many lines come thru the door with that look that I thought, "HHHMMMMM I should really feature this stamp set. It would coordinate so well with so many of the papers right now. And HUGE kuddos to Nicole for being so ahead of the game, huh?!?!?! I actually use this set ALOT! and one of my favorite stamps in general is that arrow. Crazy, I know but,  I probably use that arrow on about half my cards. Something about makes me so happy and my projects complete lol.

I have been on a little challenge kick lately, maybe I just need that extra little creative boost to get those juices flowing while we settle back into our school/work routine.

SO I am putting a little disclaimer today lol...I just so happened to have choose the SAME TWO challenges to play along with as Nicole did yesterday on the Sweet Stamp Shop Blog. This was not planned and I apologize for  being a repeat...BUT I would like to say, my cards are COMPLETELY different from her's. SO with all that being said...here we go :)

I just love love love the Curtain Call Challenge right now and am so inspired by it I decided to play along a second time. 

Here is the inspiration
Amazing right??? So many elements to choose from!!
Here is my card:
 I really wanted to incorporate the greens and blues from the picture into my card, I didn' t have quite what I was looking for so I decided to make my own. It is super easy to do and so I decided to share a little picture tutorial with you so you can do it too :)

First you will want to pick out your ink pads. I choose Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, Versa Magic Aloe Vera, and Versa Magic Aquatic Splash. They were perfect blue and green tones for creating that perfect background. You will also want to have a foam blending tool. It helps to create soft blending.
 Pick your first color and apply ink in a swirly motion starting off the paper and working your way onto the paper until you have covered the area you want your ink. For me I wanted to create an ombre effect so I applied Peacock feathers to the bottom third section.
 Repeat until you have applied all your colors. To help blend the colors blend them slightly up into the previous color applied.


Then, you just have to stamp and cut out the hearts and arrows in various colors. Stamp and cut out the banner piece. Adhere all the pieces to the card.
And it will look something like this. Fun huh. I loved adding the hearts and arrows to the card. It kind of reminds me of confetti or cotton candy (kind of more like the colors of cotton candy lol)

 AND a little bonus for stopping in, I also played along with the Runway Inspired Challenge




I just loved the colors and the 'lines" on the dress for the inspiration. Here is what I did:
I also am entering this card into the Curtain Call Challenge: Carnival Craze

So have you added your creations to the Sweet Stamp Shop FLICKR lately???  We love to see what you have been working on lately with the Sweet Stamp Shop stamps. 

How much you loving Chalkboard Sign....ALOT I hope, just remember you have TODAY ONLY to get this set for only $10. Head on over to the shop now HERE!

We also love to see your pins. And lucky for you I made some pin buttons...Have some fun pinning :)

Til next week 
xoxo
Danni

27 comments:

  1. I use the hearts and arrows from this set ALL THE TIME! Love both your cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous cards!! I LOVE LOVE the inked background!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much Dana! Inked backgrounds are so fun to do and you can be so creative with it:)

      Delete
  3. Love this chalkboard card, lovely color combo, so GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Danielle! Your interpretation of the runway photo is LOVELY!! I can see that you were totally inspired!Beauitufl use of elements and colors! So glad that you join the fun with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous cards, like ALWAYS, lovely Danni! Your creativity and style are so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi again! I just posted and linked up my card on the Curtain Call and found out Simon Says Stamp! is also running a "carnival" theme challenge this week. You might want to link up your beautiful creations over there! http://www.simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge/challenge-carnival/

      Delete
  6. These Carnival Craze cards are absolutely amazing! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! They were so much fun to make :)

      Delete
  7. Love your cards, Danni. Great takes on the Curtain Call and Runway Inspired challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fun artistic look of your card! Thanks for joining us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is marvelous! I need to give my distress inks another look :) thanks for joining RIC you did awesome!

    ReplyDelete