background

Sunday, January 26, 2014

XOXO

Hello Everyone!!

Have you guys checked out the NEW SRM Muslin bags and Burlap Bags, yet??  I am totally in love with them. They are so versatile and fun to play with. I got to bring one home to make a sample with to put up at my work. I decided to use the muslin bag and went with a Love theme. Not only is it getting close to Valentine's day but I am simply in LOVE.  :)

 This bag was so easy to make and only takes few minutes and a few supplies:
1) Muslin Bag and Love Sticker Sentiment- SRM
2)Ribbons and Jute- I used one from Maya Road and Webster's (just dug thru my stash)
3)Felt
4)Needle and Thread
4)Optional- Cardstock for backing sticker. I used black felt, so I needed something to pop the sentiment.

How To:
I trimmed my ribbons to fit my bag and glued down. ( I added a zigzag stitch to my blue ribbon to give the look of being stitched to the bag.) Looped some jute a few times and used needle and thread to stitch to the bag. Since there was a knot I wanted to make sure it stayed on the bag. Then I hand cut two hearts out of black felt. On the big heart I stitched around the perimeter. Then glued the hearts down to the bag. I finished off with my "xoxo" sentiment and adhered to the big black heart. 

Isn't that so sweet? Want to change it up? You could easily add a birthday sentiment or EVEN, a welcome baby  type sentiment... Oh man I could go crazy with these bags :)

I am also adding this to the Runway Inspired Challenge. The colors pair so nicely and the ribbons remind me of the flow-y/ruffle-y-ness of the bottom of her dress.
Dennis Basso Spring 2014 ric #52
Have you played with the muslin bags yet? Leave me a link in the comments below so I can check out what you have done :)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Danielle! Way to rock the SRM bag and stickers...I love how you dress it up. It's truly trendy and gorgeous! So glad that the runway photo inspired you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooooooooooh!! LURVE it, Miss Lady!!! SRM is soooooooooooooooo addicting!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete