background

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Whale Of A Day

Hello, Hello, Hello Everyone!!!

Yesterday was FANTASTIC!!! Not only did we get in 11 NEW paper collections at work SRM started their Design Team Call.

I was a drooling mess all day at work, I wanted it ALL, but sadly that is NOT in my budget so I decided upon three pieces of paper {I had cpl bucks in my wallet itching to be spent ;)} all from Echo Park a whale paper, dots, and a "cut aparts". I was so excited to get home and make something.

I decided to go with a party theme...baby, birthday, shower...keeping it along those lines and this is what I came up with...
 I made two cards, a little goodie bag and a candy treat. The papers were from Echo Parks Bundle of Joy Baby Boy line.
 I love that even though this was from the boy line you could easily use it for girls...and tell me, is that not the cutest paper ever!?!?! I am so in love with those whales, so happy and cheerful!
 Ever since the glassine bags were released from SRM I have been hooked!!! To add some extra texture I embossed the glassine bag and then added my paper and fussy cut a whale to add a little pop. I also put a little 3D Crystal Lacquer on him.



 I am telling you, I just cannot get enough of this paper! It paired so nicely with the dots and the kraft. Add a little hint of twine and then pop a sentiment on. AHHH makes me happy :)

I wasn't sure about this one at first I kept layering and layering papers but, I have to say I am so pleased with the way it turned out. I didn't add the whale to this one but the dots are so to cute too I had to make one last card. The natural twine was the perfect accent to add since it had so many other colors going on it helped to bring a little balance to the card. AND I couldn't resist I popped a little of the SRM sticker stitches to the yellow patterned paper.

Hope you enjoyed!!
xoxo
Danni

19 comments:

  1. see your using props hahaha. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love everything you created Danni! That color combo is absolutely one of my all time faves! And I love the variety of stuff you made, not wasting any bits! Love it : )

    ReplyDelete