background

Friday, May 3, 2013

An Apple A Day

Good Morning All,

In honor of Teacher Appreciation Season I was inspired to create some cards with the apple theme.

I am loving all the twine that is available these days, it makes creating a cinch! I knew I wanted to include it in my card, it is so versatile (heck, people are now knitting and crocheting with it) and fun to work with.

I knew I wanted the apple to make a statement, something big and bold and the main focus. I drew an apple shape on a piece of chipboard and cut it out. I then  grabbed that twine out and started with the red and white (The Twinery Twine) and wrapped my apple shape all up in twine. I then got out the brown and white (Maya Road) and wrapped the stem and use the green and white (The Twinery Twine) for the leaves. Popped it on some kraft paper and a little bling to frame it all in and voila!

The next card is perfect to give a little gift card in it. Again the apple was the focus, but went with a different approach, a half apple that I papered with a fun apple paper from October Afternoon, added a little SRM sentiment.
Have a wonderful day everyone!!!

xoxo
Danni

No comments:

Post a Comment