background

Monday, February 18, 2013

Fun with Clear Embossing Powder

One of my favorite things to do is heat emboss when I stamp. I also LOVE LOVE LOVE heat embossing on unlikely surfaces, such as picture frames, home decor wood pieces, and more. I also love to emboss even when  I am not stamping. You can make a fun distressed edges to your cards, mini albums, or page layouts...pretty much heat embossing is the COOLEST and you should be doing it too. But, this could be quite the investment if you are new to this, so my recommendation: Buy a bottle of fine clear embossing powder. You can use it with any color ink you own and it will show that color, like below, use pink ink and emboss with clear you get pink embossed! That is what is so AWESOME about it, you don't have to go out and buy tons and tons of different colors right away just a clear and that's it.
Here is some fun I had with my clear
 I used the Sparkle N Sprinkle clear embossing powder (they make great embossing powders! The fine powder doesn't blur the image and keeps it crisp and clean.)



I then stamped my image using the Pattern Craze set from Sweet Stamp Shop in various colors and embossed them using the clear. See how cool that is, the color just pops


Just for fun, to finish it off I  sprayed it with some glimmer mist, wrapped some twine and added a brad.
Here is another card I did using black ink and clear embossing.

Well hoped you enjoyed the glorious reason why you should now invest in clear embossing powder.

Until next time :)
xoxo
Danni


17 comments:

  1. Great cards, I love that 2nd one, so elegant looking. Found you through Nicole (Sweet Stamp Shop) :-)

    ReplyDelete