background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

To Toss Or Not To Toss????

So, I was cleaning and organizing my craft stuff, which btw, does NOT happen all that often. But, when I was emptying out some of the bags that I had collected from some recent classes I noticed I had a TON of scrap papers left over. Some not so big scraps. So I got to thinkin' what is an exceptable scrap to keep? What do you guys think? And then, the scraps you do keep, how do you store them? I always find they fall all over the floor or they get shoved to the bottom and forgotten about. Then I think that maybe I should have just thrown it away in the first place.

This was one of my piles I had from cleaning. All the pieces on the left I kept and all the ones on the right I threw away...Exceptable to you?

I know it is hard to tell the two seperate piles, but the pile with the big, long, diamondy tear dropy looking one in it I kept that pile. The other, tossed it.

It feels good to get some things put away and cleaned up today.

Lots of love,
Danni

3 comments:

  1. So true about all the scraps we end up with! Always good to make a card with those bits and pieces that end up forgotten :)

    I've organized my scraps two ways: 1. by color in a large filofax; 2. I've thrown them into a "scrap bin". Both had advantages. Obviously, looking for a specific color was easy (small pink piece for a flower, long green piece to make a border, etc). Throwing them all into a scrap bin was easy, and nice for new color combo inspiration, but a pain when looking for that one piece I just *knew* was in there!

    I heard someone recently talk about cutting scraps into specific sizes (6x12, 8x8, 6x6, 4x4, etc.) and the rest was trashed. Might try that next, still searching for that magic system!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love color organizing stuff...I think I might start with that idea! Right now they are just stuffed in all different spots, so NOT helpful lol.

    The size idea sounds great but knowing me I might get a little carried away slightly ocd even. I think I would spend most of my time organizing and measuring. When I first read your comment I thought for sure I might try that one out, but, after second thought color organizing sounds so much funner. Thanks so much Connie, can't wait to organize :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sant Ritz is more than just a home. Its combination of condominium
    status with contemporary ville living.the interlace condo

    ReplyDelete