background

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Challenge Time and CHA recap

Hey everyone!! As most of you know the the BIG crafting convention, CHA, was this past weekend (Saturday-Tuesday) in Anaheim...pretty much my backyard lol. I was planning on going up for the weekend but plans changed and my husband coincidentally had his own trade show to go to in Las Vegas :) So I just went up on Saturday. Although a very long day it was a blast none the less. It was a busy day and lots of hopping here and hopping there. Looking at this, saying hi, saying goodbye, etc. you get my point, right?!?! Well here are some highlights of my trip.

Me, Connie, Ashley



Nicole, Me, Alyssa



No need to caption this one :)


Ashley, Tim Holtz, Me, Connie
Me, Heidi Sonboul

Me, Lesley Croghan

Nicole, Me, Lesley, Alyssa

Me, Nicole, Ashley Nguyen Newell, Alyssa

Me of course :) Showing off the fabulous Sweets Tee's

Excited about free gelato from Faber Castell

We are so excited to be eating our Double Scoop :) It was pretty tasty might I add!





Well now that CHA is over I decided to play along with a couple challenges.
I really liked the bold colors of the Runway Inspired Challenge and I decided to pair it with Retro Sketches, although I did a very loose interpretation of the sketch I still followed it :)

Here is my card based off both of the challenges.

I paired the bold red and blue together with bits of black accents and notched the one side of the card for rounded corners. I used my scor tape to punch out a butterfly and make glittery and glued it on top of my black twine and pearls. I stamped and embossed the happy birthday from Sweet Stamp Shop and finished off with some red gems.

Elegant Sentiments


 Well, off to bed now got lots to do tomorrow, including getting my car serviced :(

Happy crafting
xoxo
Danni

3 comments:

  1. Love your butterfly and rhinestone embellishments, such great finishing touches! Thanks for joining in with us at Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a great time at CHA..I'm so jealous because I couldn't go! hehe. Lovely embellishments on your card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - don't know how I missed this post! That was so much fun at CHA : ) Such a pretty card - love that butterfly you made! xoxo

    ReplyDelete