background

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Masking Fun

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome! Hope everyone is doing great :)

I have been playing around with the new release stamps and having so much FUN! Are those sets not to die for???

Well one of my favorite techniques to do is masking. I am a layer and texture kinda girl and masking can allow you to achieve that "illusion" with out adding any extra stickers, paper, ribbon, etc....but, well, let's be honest, some of us >>>me<<< can't help but to put a little ribbon or glitter. They are my weakness! So, I am really excited to show you this card because I really wanted to push myself to really only use the stamps and masking to really make a CAS that made a statement and literally that is what I did.

Check it out:



See...Just a little masking and BAM a card that pops lol.  This is such an easy look to achieve and you can have so much fun with it! Here is a little masking run down.

1) What ever image you want to be on "top" stamp first on your card.
2) Re-stamp that image on a scratch piece of paper and carefully cute out.
     *HINT* when trimming out image cut on the line not above the line. You want to be as close as possible so it doesn't look like you have gaps.
3) Using removable adhesive placed trimmed out image directly on top of the image you stamped on your card.
4) Stamp your image you want to be in the "background"
5) Peel off the mask you layed down and Ta-Da! You are now finished with your masking :)


I used Super Mom set for my card today
Super Mom


Here is a fun one with a little mini forest. Use the same masking technique above but stamp out a couple extra trees to use as masks so you can keep on layering up to create a forest. I punched a circle out of the center of the white and popped it up so it helped to create more dimension.  Add a little ribbon and a little border punch to the bottom and then finish up with some sequins.

Make sure to stop on over at the Sweet Stamp Shop HERE to pick up your stamps today :)

Have you played along with our current UWYH go HERE to join us! 

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!
xoxo
Danni


No comments:

Post a Comment