background

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cards In A Minute

Have you ever forgotten someone's birthday? I know I have! Or, maybe you have been thinking about someone? Well if you are like me, busy busy, then you probably don't always have the time to just sit down and make something for FUN :)  But last night I decided to take a little break from all my work stuff and make some quick, fun, and super easy cards "in a minute" to have in my stash for those "oops, forgotten birthdays" or the "I love you so much" types of things. They look like like you thought about it but not so involved that you have to give them to just the right person because you don't want them just thrown in the trash.

So here is what I did
 A few different washi tapes, ribbon, SRM sticker, and ink splats, and black pen. I just layered and staggered a few different patterns of washi up from the bottom corner. Then added the "Just Because" SRM sticker. Since I used white cardstock I felt it needed a little something for the background, especially since I was using just the bottom corner, so I added some orange spatter marks. Found some yellow ribbon, tied in a knot and adhered down. AND...to finish it off I drew double pen lines around the edge of the card to bring your focus in.
I did the above card as a 4x4 so I had a remaining 4x4 square piece left over (this was using a 12x12 piece of paper)

So, not to waste my little leftover piece I decided to make a cute little 4x2 card.
Mustaches are so hot right now and I am loving it! I decided my next card would be using a wood mustache piece embossed with hot pink embossing powder for a bright pop of color.

Check it out
To add texture and pop to the background I stamped a little heart all over from Sweet Stamp Shops newest release then added a little bit of the crystal stickle to a few of the hearts, plus a cute little SRM sticker and finished off with some pen lines to add a frame.

Look at that bright bright pink mustache...so fun huh??? Also what an element of surprise. No one expects a pink mustache. Really you could do it in any sort of fun color, green, blue, purple, yellow.


Literally these cards took minutes to make and what a way to make someone feel like you took the time to really make something special for them. Honestly, too, I could have probably spent more time in the card aisle trying to find that "perfect card" then making both of these together lol. 

Happy Day To You,
xoxo
Danni




No comments:

Post a Comment