background

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Birthday, Fireworks, Butterflies, Oh My

Wow!!! Quite the week here. Lots of parties and events in this house. AND I hope that everyone enjoyed and had a safe Happy Fourth of July!!!

I decided to participate in a few challenges and first up is:

CASology:

This one was a new one for me but I really wanted to do something festive and this was so fitting, FIREWORKS!!!! (which by the way we had the best view of our fireworks on the beach...they were so amazing this year)

Here is my card:



 I wanted the fireworks to be center stage with a midnight sky background, so I stamped my image with and embossed with white embossing powder and then blended a variety of blue inks together for the background...voila!

 Next up I did Seize The Birthday and Runway Challenge:

I love the bold mix of color and pattern of the Runway Challenge and decided to incorporate it with the sketch from Seize The Birthday.

Here is my card:

For my birthday sentiment I pulled out my trusty SRM stickers. I just love how clear and seamless they go on.  

 And finally, the last challenges I entered were, Case Study #148CAS(E) this Sketch, and Dynamic Duo's. I loved the butterflies and the pennants on Case Study with the sketch from Cas(e) this sketch. And of course keeping to the dynamic duo's color scheme of yellow and green!



Here is my card:
 I love to incorporate stamped sentiments with stickers. On this card I used Sweet Stamp Shops Kiss Me set for the "Sweet" sentiment.

PHEW...that was a lot....BUT most importantly I really hope you enjoyed the cards :)

xoxo
Danni

12 comments:

  1. Love them!!! Especially the fireworks one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. pretty! I have never seen that color doily before. all the pattern play is a great interpretation of the RIC dress! thanks for hitting the runway with us. So great to see your card in the line up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The doilies are from Riverbank Revels. I got them from a LSS.

      Delete
  3. Danni, what a beautiful blue inked night sky...perfect behind that glorious white firework! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sponged sky - it makes your fireworks really pop! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, loving the citrus colours! Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't go wrong with butterflies! So glad you joined us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome cards :) Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wowza! Love your cards! Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful cards! Love those butterflies and the SRM sticker! Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, really like the colors and design of your card for Runway Inspired Challenge!

    ReplyDelete