background

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Challenge Day

Hello My Friends! Hope everyone is enjoy their lovely, almost summer, day!!!

I am so excited I got together with Nicole and we had our best day ever crafting together. Not only were feeling the mojo but we managed to whip out some cards!!!

We played along with FOUR differnent challenges and up first is...

Retro Sketches and Play Date Cafe



We used Retro Sketches layout with Play Date Cafe's color scheme.


  I used Jars Of Sweets Stamp Set from Sweet Stamp Shop and stamped a jar on acetate.  It fit perfectly into the wood frame! I love how elegant this card turned out yet has feel of simplicity with clean lines :)
Image 1





 Next up... Muse




 I loved so many elements but ultimately went with the pennant and color scheme I have a weakness for pennants!!!!
 
I loved so many different patterned papers and also wanted to get the right gradient I needed to give some seperation between the patterns, so, in order to do that I went with a solid cream cardstock and a long card to be able expose more patten. This is a fun way to incorporate LOTS of pattern without being overwhelmed.

Last but not least
Case Study
 
I was a little stumped on this one at first. What I started out doing wasn't quite feeling it. Then Nicole whipped out the City Scape stamp set and suggested the buildings...then it all came together! I couldn't be more happy with the way it turned out and definitely is my favorite out of the bunch. I just love the way this turned out.
Image 1

Ok, cool huh??? I used Hero Arts Neon inks for the background AND for the buildings. It is so bright and really makes a pop. What do you think?













Lovin' the cards??? Follow my blog and leave me a comment below and you will be entered to win a little prize pack...Including a Sample from Sweet Stamp Shop :) You will have until midnight Saturday!!!!
PLEASE NOTE: If for any reason you can't leave a comment - please email me and we'll be sure to add your name in the 'hat' for the give-a-way. Sometimes blogger can act up and we don't want anyone to miss out!

Happy Crafting
xoxo
Danni




Congrats to Mynette- you were the randomly chosen winner!!! You will have 7 days to claim your prize or it will go back into the prize box. You can email me at dlrobeson@gmail.com to claim your prize. Please include your shipping address.

Please note: If you live outside the US you will be asked to help with shipping costs. You will be responsible for any shipping charges over $2.50.









24 comments:

  1. What neat projects. You did a wonderful job on all the challenges. I am loving those neon inks for the background on your last card. It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute cards, love all of the fun colors you used for the neon inks background! All of the cards are fabulous and so inspiring! I am a new follower of your blog and am looking forward to more inspiration!

    www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com
    scrappindhilly at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your beautifully sweet creations! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the cards. The colors are great. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer colors are so much fun :) Thank You!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful cards, I'm following your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great cards. I especially like the honeycomb embossing.

    sharon dot gullikson at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. They honeycomb is so much fun and you really get a nice pop when you add color to it :) Thank you!

      Delete
  8. Love your projects for the challenge. You are very talented. I already follow your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Cards! I really love the one for retro sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  10. super cute cards I even have that wood frame let. so I can makes one cute cards too. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! You rocked these out!! What terrific graphics, and LOVE your stamps! Am a follower, BTW. I loved the pennant one the bestest. Thanks for the tip, too! Will try it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cards :)Love your take on this week's Muse card. Thanks for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are all totally fabulous cards! LOVE the tall thin card for the Muse challenge--the details are amazing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fun card on your Muse challenge - I like the different pattern play

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the colours you have used, great job on the challenges Danni... good luck with them... fingers crossed for you. I have a group of girls that come over once a month to do something with paper craft.. we're always on the lookout for new inspiration, it's a great way to get your challenges done & have fun at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your chevron, vintage feeling take on the Muse! Thanks so much for playing along!

    ReplyDelete